Friday, May 11, 2012

Timeline for the Next Few Months

I can't believe it's only been four weeks since finalists were notified... but since then I've found out a little bit more about what's coming in the next few months.

May and June: Two mandatory AFS conference calls (since I'm going to Turkey, my program is through AFS. Not all of the countries go with the same implementing organizations)

June 26-29: National Pre-Departure Orientation in DC. I'll get to see everyone again for the first time since Denver, and probably the last time before we all leave (except for people going with me to Turkey, and Ghana and Indonesia since I'll see them at the gateway orientation in New York right before we leave)

Sept. 5: AFS Gateway Orientation in NYC the day/night before leaving for Turkey

Sept. 6: We fly to Turkey!  There are six other girls going to Turkey this year - Olivia, Miranda, Linnie, Ruby, Bridget, and Hana. (Usually five go to each country, but since Egypt and Mali were cancelled this year those spots went to some of the other countries)

Hopefully I'll get more information soon, like who my host family is! (I'm not getting my hopes up though - I could be waiting until August for that...)

-Rya

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Sounds like a great opportunity!

    ReplyDelete